Welcome to DBIC High Pressure Pumps
DBIC International will relocate its pump service from Eisenberg / Pfalz to its headquarters in Königstein / Taunus on 01.12.2018.
The new delivery address is:
D-61462 Königstein, Germnay
Delivery / pick up times:
Monday to Friday
(or by arrangement)
Our contact details remain the same:
Telephone: +49 6173 1815
Fax: +49 6173 79001
We ask you to change the delivery address in your ERP systems.
we produce Pitot-Tube-Jet-Pumps here in Germay and have more than 40 years experience.
High Pressure Applications
The design concept behind the revolutionary Pitot-Tube-Jet-Pump is remarkably uncomplicated - a rotating case using centrifugal force to accelerate liquids through a stationary pick-up tube. The result ist a steady, pulsation-free, high-pressure stream achieved with relatively low operating speeds.
The simplicity of this true single-stage pump design practically eliminates maintenance. There are no packing glands, wear rings, throat throttle bushings as in conventional centrifugal pumps.
No complex pistons, rods, valves, springs, or sophisticated system controls of reciprocating pumps. These are all worries of the past. Drive shaft bearings are isolated from liquid flow, protecting from wash-out and possible pump damage. Thousands of on-line applications throughout the world - millions of operating hours - have proven the durability and efficiency of this design.
Only one Suction Mechanical Seal, no Pressure Seal. This means superior performance, simpler operation, lower operating costs, reduced parts inventory and longer pump life.
Principle of DBIC Pitot-Tube-Jet Pumps Operation
The basic concept behind the DBIC Pitot-Tube-Jet Pump is remarkable simple. The pump consists of two basic working parts, the stationary pick-up tube and rotating rotor. Liquid enters the manifold and passes into the rotating case where centrifugal force causes the liquid to accelerate and enter the rotor under pressure as it jets into the pick-up tube. The liquid flows through the pick-up tube and is discharged.
It should be noted that the only wetted contacting parts in the single stage DBIC Pitot-Tube-Jet Pumps are the mechanical seal faces which operate under suction pressure only. This eliminates the performance deterioration, possible seizure and maintenance costs incurred by multistage pumps with wear rings, balancing discs, interstage bushings, etc.
The DBIC Pitot-Tube-Jet Pump runs at relatively low speeds compared with high speed pumps with a resultant lower noise level.
A pitot pump offers distinct benefits in comparison with multi-stage and high speed centrifugals as well as positive displacement pumps which have been formerly used to develop pressures up to 200 bar, 8.000 rpm.
|Serie 3000||Serie 4000 |
2x1.5" flanged (API)
3"x 2" flanged
3"x 2" geschraubt oder screwed
3"x 2" flanged API
2"x 2" screwed
3"x 2" screwedoder flanged
|Blockpump with motor|
Pump bar shaft
Blockpump with motor...
Pump bar shaft
Pump bar shaft
Advantages of the DBIC-Pitot-Tube-Jet Pumps
- head changed by speed change
- wide operating range up and down the curve
- large flow changes by switching pitot tubes; 7 sizes 2 up to 150 m3/h
- low minimum flow (smooth, pulsation free)
- broad efficiency range
- adjustable drive arrangement e.g. belt drive for maximum performance flexibility
- stationary or rotating seals
High reliabilityLow maintenance
- simple control equipment, no need for relief valve, by-pass pressure onloaders, pulsation dampeners, minimum control valves
- simple design; only two basic working parts, rotor and pitot tube
- bearings isolated from pumped fluid
- resistance to system transient e.g. fast operating valves, suction loss, standby changeover
- inherent in design e.g. number of parts, low speed
- conventional horizontal arrangement and standard electric motor with in-line manifold available
- seal operates under suction pressure, low differential
- pressure generally prolongs life
Low operating costs
- fast parts delivery
- complete interchangeability within each model series e.g. RO/RG,1 bearing bracket, 1 rotor assembly
- low stores inventory
- stock rotor materials, ductile iron, carbon steel, 12% chrome steel, 316 SS, duplex SS = CD4 MCU (1.4591)
- low spares inventory costs
- good efficiencies compared with high speed pumps
- minimum maintenance
- easy access to seal without disturbing drive alignment
- choice of seal manufacturers